PR Equals Free Publicity
You can use three critical areas of public relations to boost your advertising results ten-fold over your paid advertising.
The key to public relations:
- Public relation or publicity
With a solid plan in place that encompasses all these areas, you’ll have a great approach to use public relations in the best way possible.
Public relations include all that is the media. Don’t limit yourself!
Here are the steps to get noticed by the media:
- Put together a press release for your company. The press release should be relevant to your target market and address consumer interest, not just announce your business.
- Your press release includes one hook and one angle. Choose a controversial statement to make sure the media you send it to is interested in reading it.
- Put your press release in professional formatting. With press releases, you need a dateline, the most crucial information at the top, facts, figures, and wrap it up with contact details, including who and how—print “Press Release” on the letterhead.
- Send your press release to the media. All television, radio stations, local & national newspapers, and niche magazines. Include relevant blogs, e-zines, podcasts, and press release submission sites.
More importantly than a perfect press release, you have addressed your target market’s needs in the products/services you offer.
If you are provided people a solution to a problem, avoid a problem, and an opportunity to enhance their life, the media and the public will be interested.
Suppose you have a connection (or the ability to get a connection) with a celebrity. In that case, this can practically guarantee you’ll get attention.
Make sure you are offered newsworthy information and then follow up with media outlets to make sure they are publicizing that information.
“One of the most powerful techniques every business should use is free publicity. As the name implies, there is no cost, just the time and effort required to attract attention to your business.” – Jay Abraham
Our GUIDED TOUR can show you how to put together press releases that work!
Check out how the pros do it and craft the perfect press releases for your business.
Thanks for your attention!